ABOUT AIRCRAFT TOWING SYSTEMS
Aircraft Towing Systems (ATS) created an advanced ground vehicle technology system that could potentially revolutionize airside operations, specifically, how commercial, military, and general aviation aircraft are moved around airports. The Aircraft Towing System is an innovative system designed to transport aircraft from the runway to airport gates and back to the runway without the use of the aircraft’s main jet engines. Aircraft main jet engines are shut down during taxi and gate operations to save fuel, reduce emissions and reduce noise while creating a safer environment to operate the aircraft.
Aircraft are still moved around airports in the same manner as they were over 100 years ago – under the aircraft’s power, “Thurst.” This old method to move aircraft is very inefficient, burns tremendous amounts of fuel, harms the environment, is loud and dangerous in many situations. ATS resolves this inefficient process and provides a long and compelling list of benefits including the following:
Green and Sustainable System
- Safer Taxiing Operations – Leading to Fewer Ground Collisions
- Substantial Fuel Savings
- Improves Air Quality – Reducing Harmful Emissions
- Reduces Personnel & Equipment Around Congested Gate Area
- Operates in All Weather Conditions (Ice, Snow, Rain and Fog)
- Higher Airport Throughput (without adding gates) – Optimizing Aircraft Movements
- Decreasing Noise In and Around Airports
- Extending Aircraft Jet Engine and Component Life
- Reducing Chances of FOD in Main Jet Engines
- Less Stress on Airframes During Taxi
WHAT'S GOING ON
At the top is an artist's rendering of how the ATS system will look in the future. The ATS prototype is now under development at the Ardmore Industrial Air Park, Ardmore, OK, and will be operational soon demonstrating how the system will function at airports all around the world.
WE ARE A TEAM!
At Aircraft Towing Systems, we are a team of experienced aviation business professionals who share a combined vision — “Moving People Safer While Protecting the Environment! ”